Overhead high torque stirrer motor.
Different stirrer options: PTFE/316L.
Condensor, baffle, Pt-100, feeding funnel, etc.
Trolley (complete system fits in a walk-in fume hood).
Dynamic PTFE agitator seal
Chemically inert, gas-tight, and suitable for work under vacuum.
Fixed cover. Quick & easy interchanging vessels without removing the upper section.
25 different nozzle configurations!
Easy opening system for tool-free, rapid exchange or removal of the vessel without removing the cover. The cover is mounted to the frame with a fixed clamp. Innovative Suurmond design.
Standard equipped with a manifold system, including hoses for a heating & cooling system. No stress on the glass. Including shut-off valves and drain tap.
To drain the oil from the reactor.
Support frame 316L
Stable frame with small footprint.
575 x 523 x 1300 mm
Stirrer motor support
For horizontal and vertical motor adjustment.
For tool-free vertical adjustment of the vessel.
Jacketed glass vessels
Made of high-quality Borosilicate 3.3 glass.
Volumes: 1-2-3-4-5 L.
All available vessels can be used with the same cover.
Safety vessel support system
To support your glass reactor during operation and exchange.
PTFE bottom outlet valve
Zero dead volume.
Drip tray 316L
Removable for easy cleaning.
suurGLASS™ is a universal reactor system, based on customer requirements. To keep costs down, the system is pre-configured. Any modification or option to suit your chemistry and scale is possible at any time.
- Quick & easy, tool-free exchange of your reactor with our own design, Quick-Action-Clamp without the need to remove the upper section (motor/ dynamic seal/ cover).
- Accepts all leading brands of overhead stirrers and allows easy, tool-free adjustment.
- 1 cover plate for all vessel volumes which can be configured to suit the chemistry and scale for each project.
- Solid and stable support stand in 316L.
- Easy alignment of reactor and stirrer.
- Innovative hose manifolds and drain tap allow easy thermo fluid drain-down.
- Standardised reactor system with high quality components.
|Volume reactor vessel||1 – 5 litres, using the same cover plate|
|Material reactor vessels||type I, Class A borosilicate glass that complies with ASTM specification E438
for the exceptional chemical and heat resistance.
|Material drip tray||standard in 316L|
|Stirrers||anchor, propeller, impeller, turbine|
|Temperature||up to 200°C|
|Pressure||-1 to +1 bar|
|Optional||a wide range of glass accessories like burette, cooler, dropping funnel, various sensors|
The suurGLASS™ reactor systems have a modular design for the use of various types of glass reactor vessels. Using high-quality Borosilicate glass reduces the risk of breakage when exchanging components. The jacketed, heatable reactors are also “shock-resistant”.
The reactor vessels are fitted with a “zero-dead-volume” bottom valve. The cover plate is executed with 5 nozzles. 4 of the nozzles can be used for Pt-100, condenser and other sensors and accessories. The fifth nozzle is used for the agitator. Up to 25 nozzle configurations are possible!
A selection of different mixing elements completes your reactor. The removable drip tray is standard in stainless steel 316L.
In addition to the standard configuration, specials can also be supplied. You can also upgrade or modify the reactor at a later stage.
The suurGLASS™ reactor is a table-top model with an ideal height for operation. suurGLASS™ fits in a “table-top” fumehood. Optional available with trolley [fits in a walk-in fumehood].
The suurGLASS™ reactor is delivered fully assembled. If necessary, the final assembly can be arranged by us on site.
Are you looking for automated lab reactors? Click here!
- Quick & easy, tool-free interchanging vessels without removing the upper section (motor/ dynamic seal/ cover).
- 1 cover plate for various types of reactor vessels, DN150.
- Heatable reactors (jacketed).
- Simple & quick set-up.
- Optional components to meet your individual requirements.
- Table-top model; fits in a fumehood.
- Complete reactor solutions including thermostats and lab automation are available.
An important feature is: our own design, Quick-Action-Clamp. This clamp is fixed on the frame and used to hold the cover. This enables a quick and easy exchange of the vessel without the need to remove the upper section (motor/ dynamic seal/ cover). Exchanging the vessel now is a single-person-operation! Quick and easy!
We can supply complete solutions for your process. Complete your suurGLASS™ reactor system with options and extra accessories!
Suurmond design trolley.
Dimensions of the complete reactor system with trolley: 671 x 590 x 1990mm [incl. hoses].
- The height is adjustable at request.
- The complete system fits in a walk-in fumehood.
- Easy mounting of suurGLASS™ reactor system and trolley.
- SYSTAG lab automation
For fully controlled reactor systems including automation and data logging with automatic report function and analysis software.
- JULABO thermostat
Including suitable hoses with connections M16x1, and suitable thermal oil.
Insert in Stainless Steel or Stainless Steel with PFA coating. To break the vortex which is created by the agitator.
- High efficiency coil condenser
Intensive condenser, available types:
- Single spiral with cooling jacket.
- Double spiral with cooling jacket.
- Triple spiral with cooling jacket.
- Funnel for constant dosing
- With PTFE valve/ glass needle valve.
- Cylindrical shape bottom.
- No moistening of the valve washer by dosed liquid.
- Exact and reproducible operation.
PT100 with lemo 1 plug, heating clamps, blind plugs, seals, reactor vessel, cover plate, stirrer shaft, stirrer motor, stirrer, drain tap, hoses, frame components.
The suurGLASS™ reactor is fully assembled delivered. If necessary, the final assembly can be arranged by us on site.
Exchanging the reactor is a one-person-operation, as the complete upper section remains at place while removing the reactor vessel. The smart Suurmond design Quick-Action-Clamp allows quick and easy replacement of the reactor vessel.
Check the video, and find out the ease of use and (de) mounting the reactor system!
Your reactor in detail
The pre-configured suurGLASS™ reactor system is a smart & easy to use reactor system, based on customer requirements.
The system consists of:
- Support frame 316L
- Removable drip tray 316L
- Jacketed reactor with DN150 cover (you choose 1 volume)
- suurGLASS™ Quick-Action-Clamp
- Dynamic seal with PTFE O-ring
- Hose manifold, including hoses, shut-off valves and drain tap
- Heidolph HEI-torque motor stirrer
- 1 stirrer (you choose 1 type: anchor/propeller/impeller/turbine stirrer)
- Various support and clamp systems
- PTFE bottom outlet valve
575 x 523 x 1300mm, including hoses [fits in a standard fumehood]
suurGLASS™ is a flexible system that accepts all leading brands of overhead stirrers and allows easy, tool-free adjustment.
Various options and accessories are available to suit the chemistry and scale of your process. See tab Options & accessories.
- DN150 Cover plate with NS 29/32 centre opening for agitator and 4 openings
- 1 cover for all reactor vessel sizes [1-5L)
- 25 different nozzle configurations!
The cover is fixed: quick and easy exchange of the vessels without removing the upper section [motor/ dynamic seal/ cover].
Features of the glass jacketed vessels of the suurGLASS™ reactor systems:
- Type I, Class A borosilicate glass that complies with ASTM Specification E438 for the exceptional chemical and heat resistance
- 1-2-3-4-5 litre jacketed vessels
- Triple jacketed vessels on request
- DN150 vessel and cover
- 1 cover to fit all reactor vessel volumes
- PTFE bottom outlet valve: zero dead volume
- Wide range of accessory glassware, including condensers, dropping funnels.
- Operation up to 200°C
Smart & innovative Suurmond design quick-action-clamp.
Provides quick and easy exchange of the vessel and stirrer without removing the cover plate and complete agitator.
- Easy opening system for tool-free, rapid exchange of the vessel.
- The cover is mounted to the frame with a fixed clamp.
- PTFE seal. Others at request.
- For tool-free vertical adjustment of the vessel.
suurGLASS™ is equipped with a manifold system. No stress on the glass!
- Including hoses for a heating and cooling system.
- Including shut-off valves and drain tap. No spilling of thermofluids when exchanging vessels.
The vessel safety support plate offers support of the vessel during operation and when removing the vessel.
The suurGLASS™ system is a flexible system that allows the use of 5 different volumes with the same DN150 cover.
- 1L/ 2L/ 3L/ 4L/ 5L
The pre-configured suurGLASS system includes 1 jacketed vessel of your choice. Extra reactor vessels can be ordered separately.
Hanger to fix unused hoses. Simple but practical!
We found it to be a versatile and robust system with a good working principle. It allows us to easily change the vessel without dismantling the cover plate, nozzle inserts and the stirrer. You just fasten the quick action clamp and you are back to work. The frame is easily adjustable for operator height, which for us was really important.