The use of polymer pumps
The various types of gear pumps for polymer handling are all used to produce perfect plastics in masterbatch, compounding, recycling, extrusion and polymer production processes.
Pumping tasks vary from:
- Polymer extraction for optimization of the melt quality, even under high vacuum
- Polymer extraction for low and high viscous melts from reactors and degassing equipment
- Polymer boosting of medium and low viscous polymers
- Transport/ boosting prepolymers and oligomers for low viscous applications
- Releasing the compounder from pressure generation to allow for a better energy balance and higher capacity